When applying to be a Discord moderator, you will be asked a series of questions to gauge your suitability for the role. Discord moderators are responsible for ensuring that the Discord server remains a safe and welcoming place for all users. They do this by moderate conversations, enforcing Discord’s Terms of Service, and responding to user reports. To be a successful Discord moderator, you need to have a good understanding of the Discord platform and its features. You also need to be able to remain calm and level-headed in difficult situations. If you think you have what it takes to be a Discord moderator, here are some of the questions you can expect to be asked during the application process:
- What experience do you have with moderating online communities?
- What makes you want to be a Discord moderator?
- What do you think are the most important qualities for a Discord moderator?
- How would you handle a situation where someone was repeatedly breaking Discord’s Terms of Service?
- What do you think is the best way to deal with trolls or hostile users?
- Have you ever been banned from a Discord server? If so, why?
- Do you know how to use all of Discord’s moderation tools?